has there ever been a better time to start up myembellishedlife again, than on this fabulously sunny september friday? mid afternoon, a little sleepy, really bored at work? nope. i need to make sure you understand that since february, the embellishments in life did not disappear for me. not even close. i just got really really busy and forgot to write about them. its totally fine though, right? because now i have lots to catch you up on, and even more to be inspired by.
i guess you deserve a little summer recap, since i haven’t embellished YOUR life since february.
to make this short and wonderful i am going to make a list of reasons why this summer was embellished for me in all the right ways.
1. the beach. the sparkly ocean (ha – long island). the sand. the half naked people in the sparkly ocean and in the sand. its the simple things in life!
2. the rocketfuels. only a tasty alcoholic concoction that makes for a really fuzzy happy time.
3. quality time spent with old friends. bonding sessions on the roof. hour long dance parties with enormous amounts of jumping up and down.
4. making new friends. this summer was all about meeting new people. it is unbelievable how i went 25 years of my life without knowing some of the people that i know now. a few of them became extremely special to me, and under different circumstances, i never would’ve had this summer. but i did. and now i have all these new special people! its really nice.
5. the lack of clothes i wore this summer. i have to say that clothes being a real passion of mine, it was pretty ironic how often i was barefoot and how often i was wearing jean shorts and a CLUB LAHOO tshirt. i liked it. it was really nice. it was a break from real life, 3 days a week, for almost 4 months.
6. rooftop sunsets. there really isnt anything in the world like watching the perfect sun, set over the bay, in the best place in the world.
so now, summer turns to fall. city life begins again. and that my friends, is why i am here. fall brings hundreds of reasons to be inspired. after all, this is new york! and we just finished fashion week!
and i have a rooftop party to go to tonight!! thank goodness!
so happy friday! see you again soon :)